bookishcat

lit loquacity

BA in English. Ardent Reader. Kindle Fan. Unapologetic Introvert. Fervent Feminist. Recovering JD. Lazy Buddhist. Absent-minded Searcher. Occasional Writer. Novice Runner. Cat-owner. Life Co-Conspirator (LCC). Cordial Critic. Liberal Midwesterner. Geeky Nerd. Mind nomad.

Glow: A Novel
Jessica Maria Tuccelli
Fairy Tales from the Brothers Grimm: A New English Version
Philip Pullman, Jacob Grimm
There Once Lived a Girl Who Seduced Her Sister's Husband, and He Hanged Himself: Love Stories
Anna Summers, Ludmilla Petrushevskaya

The Maverick's Greek Island Mistress

The Maverick's Greek Island Mistress - Kelly Hunter This read inspired me. Laid up for a month with tendinitis caused me to shelf the book for a while because all you want to do while reading this is go out and run. I am very thankful for the minimalist shoe/barefoot running movement, since the lighter, thinner soled and more flexible shoes allow me to run much more comfortably than when I tried a decade ago with the bulkier shoes that were your only option then. Ironically, the most barefoot of the runners turned out to have the sorest feet at the end of the Tarahumara ultra, or so it was implied. I don't know if I'll ever be crazy enough to train to run an ultra, but it'd be great to get up to at least half-marathon status.